Destrehan, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have a Jandy Stealth 2 speed pump that is sucking air from the cap that covers the debris trap. Has anyone else experienced this issue with these pumps. I contacted Jandy and they recommended replacing the gasket which I already did and they said if that didn't work I would need to order a new lid. The pump isn't even 2 years old and to me the construction of these lids is set up to fail, the clear window isn't part of the lid its like a 2 part lid and the window spins around in there until the lid is locked in place. I have a picture pointing to the spot on the lid that is sucking air and from what I can tell there isn't a gasket or anything to make a seal where the clear plastic window meets up with the main part of the lid.

Attachments

• lid.jpg
    lid.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 14
You may want to add some lube to the o-ring gasket and then also, hold the middle clear part in place (so all parts of seal is contacting the face), then spin the lock lid on gradually. Also, make sure the face on the pump body is smooth - i.e. no debris, etc. You may need to bump the lock lid with your palm of your hand to make it tight. Jandy, Pentair all use similar locking lid features. Obviously it has some tolerances but if it was holding for 2 years and just started leaking ensure that the lock lid or the plastic cover is not cracked which when tightened down creates a small air gap.

You may want to add some lube to the o-ring gasket and then also, hold the middle clear part in place (so all parts of seal is contacting the face), then spin the lock lid on gradually. Also, make sure the face on the pump body is smooth - i.e. no debris, etc. You may need to bump the lock lid with your palm of your hand to make it tight. Jandy, Pentair all use similar locking lid features. Obviously it has some tolerances but if it was holding for 2 years and just started leaking ensure that the lock lid or the plastic cover is not cracked which when tightened down creates a small air gap.
Thank you I appreciate your help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.