Pump Run Time

BobsPool16

Feb 27, 2020
NC
Brand new pool owner here. Little about my setup. I have a VS Jandy pump, cartridge filters, 40x20 free form pool, 8’ spa, SWG, 400k gas heater. I’m 40 days in and have been running the pump non stop. I’m wondering when and how to adjust my pump run time? Right now it runs 24/7 at 2750 RPMs. I’m wondering if I can cut some of that run time out? I’m in NC and this time of year we are having pretty consistent 90 degree days right now. So how long would you run this pump and setup and during what hours of the day? Sorry if not enough information is provided, very new to all this. And the way it’s setup now is how the pool builder set it up during start up. Thanks for any help.

If you add your pool information to your signature, the experts can help a little better. Settings/signature

Do you have a SWG?
If not, generally I think the experts recommend on VS pump to run low rpm and long enough for skimmer to do an adequate job.
If you do have swg, run VS a couple hundred rpm faster than minimum allowed by swg and long enough to provide adequate chlorination.

You can run at both lower RPMs and less time.

For setting the RPM, SWGs and skimmers usually will set the floor for RPM. For skimmers, this is usually around 800 RPM for one skimmer. Double that for two. For SWGs, that is dependent on the SWG but is usually higher than that for a single skimmer.

Do you use solar panels at all?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.