Jul 23, 2017
San jose, california
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have a VS pump and have programmed it as follows:

2 hours at 2800 (to drive the pool sweep)

8 hours at 1450 to filter and run the SWG.

When my timer came on yesterday to start the first 2 hour run the pump would not prime. It timed out after 10 minutes. It tried several more times but it still would not prime. For the third try I threw the valve that diverts water to either the pool returns or pool sweep return to the pool return setting (i guess I had lft it in the pool return line setting which results in a higher filter pressure) and the pump primed and then ran normal.

Not sure why this is happening. Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this and what i should try to fix?

Just thought of this. Should the filter pressure increase significantly when you are sending the return water to the dedicated pool sweep return. If not could this be a dirty filter cartridge problem or pool sweep restriction problem?

Has the filter pressure changed at all from when it was working?

A pump should not lose prime so more than likely you have an air leak somewhere.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.