Pump not priming

Oceansol

May 26, 2015
Oceanside, California
Hello all you smart pool people. This post is related to a similar thread i posted some months back about my cleaner not working well. It never really was resolved. But lately its been even worse, and today I biught a new cleaner, but had the sMe result.
So i opened up the big filter container, and was surprised that it was full of water. I removed everything and cleaned it all, but when i buttoned it up and restarted, the pump won't prime.
I'm not sure what's happening... can someone explain why and wat can do?

Lube the pump lid o-ring and re-secure the pump lid. Make sure your valve settings for suction are correct and open. Start the pump at high speed and open the air relief valve on the filter to purge air. When the air relief valve starts shooting out water, close it. The filter basket should fill up with water as all air is purged. If the air is not purging from the pump basket, check your water level and ensure that your weir door is not stuck in the closed position.

Here's some photos of my setup
Lube the pump lid o-ring and re-secure the pump lid. Make sure your valve settings for suction are correct and open. Start the pump at high speed and open the air relief valve on the filter to purge air. When the air relief valve starts shooting out water, close it. The filter basket should fill up with water as all air is purged. If the air is not purging from the pump basket, check your water level and ensure that your weir door is not stuck in the closed position.
Ok, wasnt sure if i need the lid on the pump. I'll try it now.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230909_163507.jpg
    20230909_163507.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230909_163501.jpg
    20230909_163501.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230909_163450.jpg
    20230909_163450.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.