pump keeps going off

i put it to "A" 4.5 amps later

so if i understand right i wanna set my new one tom 6.2amp?

i see now what you mean from the "Cutler-Hammer Eaton C316 FNA3M 4.5 - 6.5A F.L.C Series A2 Thermal Overload Relay" the power stabs are on a different position to the contacter, then my old one

could i just (if i cannot make it fit) run wires between the contacter and the Thermal Overload Relay?

They don't usually fail.
There isn't a lot inside, they have bi-metallic arms which will deflect when heated. There is a resistance wire wound spirally around each arm, so that the current through the wire heats the arm. There are three of these arm/heaters in the unit, one for each leg (L1-T1, L2-T2, L3-T3). As the current flows, the heaters heat, and the arms bend. As long as they don't bend too far and they all 3 bend together, everything is good. The trip point, or 'bend' limit is determined within a fairly narrow range by the adjustment dial. If one doesn't bend the same as the other two, a set of levers will cause it to trip much sooner.

So, for greater loads, the heater wires must be larger to handle the current flow. If you use a unit that is too small for the load, the overload will trip often and the heaters can burn out. This, I think, is the root cause of your issue.

Where are you located?

So, for greater loads, the heater wires must be larger to handle the current flow. If you use a unit that is too small for the load, the overload will trip often and the heaters can burn out. This, I think, is the root cause of your issue

heater wires?
as in heater to warm the water?
its sun heated, i am in spain

Right, sorry for the confusion. I was discussing the INTERNAL operation of an overload relay. You don't need to worry about HOW they work, just to get the right one for your motor.
The overload should always be set to the current rating on the motor nameplate.

ok got him ordered
will inform you guys when i have result

other question
so this relay have from left to right:

4.5-6.5 amp, which i would need to set to 6.2? anything over 6.2 should cut him

manual auto option? what it do? and what i need to be on

then a reset push button, also with a small screw which you can adjust?
for whats this screw setting?

Ohm_Boy said:
Right, sorry for the confusion. I was discussing the INTERNAL operation of an overload relay. You don't need to worry about HOW they work, just to get the right one for your motor.
The overload should always be set to the current rating on the motor nameplate.

yes i understand, and thanks i finally am starting to get a littlebit how it all works now

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hi

thanks found this one already before
but USD97,46 shipping
and possible other 40 or so customs

anyway no problem got now a used ABB TA25 DU ordered here in europe

but thanks anyway

so anybody know this relay have from left to right:

then a reset push button i guess, and it have on this "reset push button" also a small screw which you can adjust?
for whats this screw setting for then?

Oh. Maybe I have posted that link too late. Sorry.

Yes, this is the proper unit, and it should be set to 6.2. Get it as close as you can.

Manual: When tripped, system will stop until blue reset is pressed.
Auto: When tripped, system will automatically reset itself when the unit has cooled down.

then a reset push button, also with a small screw which you can adjust?
for whats this screw setting?
The blue button screw affects how the reset function works. You may not notice a difference with either setting.

[/quote] The blue button screw affects how the reset function works. You may not notice a difference with either setting.[/quote]

how do you mean exactly with
affects how the reset function works?

the pdf link doesnt work
whole library doesnt work
maybe ip range issue?

When set to R it simply resets the device. When set to R O it resets the device if tripped or actuates the contacts if it's not tripped so it can be used as a stop where it's located in a remotely located MCC etc.

The Rambling Bammer is right. The "R" setting resets a tripped condition. The "RO" setting does this too, but will open the 95/96 contacts when pressed, even if not tripped.

I promised you a sketch of how a 3-phase contactor and overload are wired for mono-phase operation, so I whipped one out. I apologize up front for it, as it is a composite of Photoshop and Visio work, and it looks a little off, but it does show one way that the wrap-around for single phase wiring may be accomplished.
[attachment=0:ci3o7xve]contactor-OL.jpg[/attachment:ci3o7xve]

I wanted to try to do the whole box, with the RCD, the two breakers, the transformer and all, but unfortunately haven't had the time.

Attachments

• contactor-OL.jpg
    contactor-OL.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 33
ok recieved and installed the relay today
and great its working again
thanks everybody for your help

but now i have this pump, which is too big how i understand (could this be the cause of the relay burning?)

my filter has 150 liter of sand
and the pool has +-35.000 liters of water

310320124245.jpg

would this be much better sized?

100420124327.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.