mfrankoo

Mar 13, 2023
FL
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

Any recommendations on how to clean inground pool pump baskets. (1 for pool and 1 for spa) Meaning is there a specific order? For example...
1. Turn off pump
2. Unscrew cap
3. Pull and empty basket
4. Fill with water or burp it?? (This is where I need help)
5. Screw cap back on
Etc...

Thanks in advance!

After you turn off the pump, you may need to close 3-way valves to isolate the equipment pad, otherwise water will shift around. With 3-way valves closed, you should be able to remove the pump clear lid(s) to clean the basket(s) and inspect/lube the rubber O-ring as needed. Fill the pump pot(s) with water if needed, then reinstall the clear lid(s).

Finally, don't forget to open the 3-way valves before turning on the pump again. Once the system is on, you can open the air relief valve on the filter (if there is one) to burp any air out of the system. If you aren't sure about that, post a pic or two of your filter and the PSI gauge on the top so we can see what you have. Hope that helps,.

Reactions: mfrankoo
Thanks.. I'll make note of the above. Pic of my pumps and filter. So burp it after turning it back on. I was under the impression to burp it to fill the clear lid filter baskets.

Attachments

• 20230312_122915.jpg
    20230312_122915.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 5
I was under the impression to burp it to fill the clear lid filter baskets.
You can do that as well. Just before you replace the clear lid, open the air relief valve and it should fill the pump pot.

Reactions: mfrankoo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.