pump/filter pressure issues

stargazer1018

Bronze Supporter
Jul 4, 2018
SEYMOUR, TN
I just opened my above ground pool this past Wednesday. I got out as much debris as I could with the next. The only stuff left now is so fine it goes straight through the net. I have fine particles on the bottom of the pool and floating on the water surface. Every time I try to vacuum I lose suction and have to turn my pump off and back on. Then after it runs for a while, I lose pressure. If I turn the pump off and then turn it back on, the pressure will return but only for a little while. I vacuumed 3 times yesterday because it kept losing suction. Finally, the water became so cloudy I couldn't see anymore and just stopped. The water looked worse than before but I figured it was because I had just stirred up everything. I'm in the middle of a SLAM and took a reading. My CYA is running around 40 so I've been trying to maintain a FC of 16. Well, my reading showed 0 so I adde 3 gallons per pool math. Later than evening, I ran the test again and I got a super high reading of like 31. I let it go and waited till this morning and ran another FC test and it's dropped to 21 and is still very cloudy. I had very little pressure coming through the return. I turned it off and backwashed it. The water wasn't really bad at all so that's not the reason for the loss of pressure. I don't understand why I'm losing so much pressure and why it's still so cloudy. I set up for my readings to be attached to my signature so I hope when I post this it will add it.

Your filter is doing what it is supposed to do and collecting fine debris as you vacuum and filter the water. Most of the debris is microscopic so you are not going to see it in the backwash water. If you take a clear container and scoop up some of your cloudy pool water it will look clearer in the container than it does in the pool since more light is able to pass through the clear container. Backwash the filter whenever there is a pressure increase of 25% above the clean pressure reading. Continue the slam and try to test and dose the pool every 3-4 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.