Pump air leak?

Bxclip

May 14, 2016
Ny
So I bought new pump for the new season. Looks like there's air leak.

If I back wash and the pump fills to the top, once I turn it on it slowly goes down.

What I noticed is when I pull the power to the pump, air leaks out from the pump cap. I only put Vaseline for lubrication, I know it's not good.

But do you think that's the reason why it loses prime so quickly? In going to the pool store tomorrow to get proper lubrications.

Thanks

That probably is the problem. Also make sure the pump pot drain plug is finger tight, as that can also let air into the system.

Thanks, I tightened the tube where it was leaking in on the roe site side. Put the pump cover on better , and found a slight leak in plumbing in connection right before return line that connects to pump.

It has been on for a half hour and water level in basket looks the same. It usually drops within a few mins when I first started it.

I had air coming into my pump. Gently spraying around the pump with a hose I found the issue was the threaded pipe going into the pump. Needed a little tightening.

I'm still at a loss. The pump will stay full of I take my jet return off. Once on it only stays filled 3/4 way up.

I ran water all over and nothing.

Is it normal if I take the pump cap off, the water gets sucked into the filter ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.