Proper Plumbing for small area?

Jul 4, 2020
Austin, Tx
Hello!
Thank you for everyone’s guidance on this site! It has really helped us frame our ideas for pool design!
Now that we are done with first round of permit inspection, excavation, and plumbing — we realize the pipe installation has not really left any room to dig and reinstall fence posts after this project is complete. We are including hot tub, four lights, 6’6” pool - but this plumbing seems to have a lot more angle turns than needed.
Does anyone have any guidance on proper pipe direction in small areas, or any other concerns as we try to figure out how to reinstall fence in between these lines?Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 1E4ECA89-6092-41C2-885B-9C6A12ED8A76.jpeg
    1E4ECA89-6092-41C2-885B-9C6A12ED8A76.jpeg
    832.7 KB · Views: 40
  • B0B97CD4-3BCA-419B-B535-D570C3F4F89A.jpeg
    B0B97CD4-3BCA-419B-B535-D570C3F4F89A.jpeg
    693.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 99B5EFAB-1CC0-403B-A5B3-14AB735CA581.jpeg
    99B5EFAB-1CC0-403B-A5B3-14AB735CA581.jpeg
    685.9 KB · Views: 42
  • D54EBBB0-7EAA-4F34-8EA1-C11880D0226E.jpeg
    D54EBBB0-7EAA-4F34-8EA1-C11880D0226E.jpeg
    531.1 KB · Views: 40
How deep is your plumbing? Mine was around 3 feet. If you have shallow plumbing, you really need to avoid areas directly over your plumbing. Not only for now, but if in the future anyone resets a fence post you are looking at big issues.

Are you just going with that 6 foot wood privacy fence in your picture or do you plan on putting in another fence around the pool itself?

This is a tough request. It is going to have to have some additional plumbing performed. Based off just what you are saying, I'd estimate it is going to be ~ $2k to move that plumbing closer to the pool. More if the trench needs to be widened. Your pool should have been permitted. With the permit process I believe there should be a copy of the plumbing plan filed. If so, then when/if a fence is put in, if that fence is done properly, a "Miss Utility" call should be made and they should come mark underground utilities like your pool plumbing. I could be wrong on that.

Is the fence being put in by the pool builder or is that contracted outside of the pool? If with the pool, the builder will be responsible for it and hopefully is aware that there could be an issue. If the fence is going in outside the pool builder, the fence builder may refuse to put the fence where there is an unknown about underground utilities. If the fence is outside the builder, I would call the fence people now and ask for their advice as they will be the ones taking on the liability.

Reactions: ColdwaterTexas
Theres no as built for pool plumbing. No diagram or plan needed for submit. You also can't trace the lines after. That is done with a tracer wire that's energized when utilities are to be marked.
In a tight build I would install the posts ahead of time amd leave them long amd cut off tops later for proper height.

Reactions: ColdwaterTexas
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.