problem with new salt cell

leerph

Sep 27, 2022
Florida
I have the aqua rite system and recently had to get a new salt cell. I bought one of the aftermarket ones. I'm having a strange problem since replacing it. My aqua rite is showing a salt reading between 4800 and 5500, and to start with I was getting the solid red high salt light which is normal. I have checked my salt level and it is actually around 2900. I have made sure the box is correctly set to T-15 for the cell size. The weird thing is that starting about a week ago, it is still showing me a salt reading of 4800, but the green generating light is one. Do you think I simply received a dud aftermarket unit? Any things I can trouble shoot before attempting to return it?

I have the aqua rite system and recently had to get a new salt cell. I bought one of the aftermarket ones. I'm having a strange problem since replacing it. My aqua rite is showing a salt reading between 4800 and 5500, and to start with I was getting the solid red high salt light which is normal. I have checked my salt level and it is actually around 2900. I have made sure the box is correctly set to T-15 for the cell size. The weird thing is that starting about a week ago, it is still showing me a salt reading of 4800, but the green generating light is one. Do you think I simply received a dud aftermarket unit? Any things I can trouble shoot before attempting to return it?
Was it the "Platinum edition" from the Saltpoolstore?

As a matter of fact it was. I got a bad feeling since you are asking me that. LOL
I got the T-5 version of the platinum cell since I have the AquaTroll. There was no label on it identifying it as a T-5. Right off the bat it started reporting false high salt readings , high salt red light and shutting down. Called the Saltpoolstore and they told me my salt was too high, which it was not. Checked salt level with the Taylor salt kit plus a calibrated electronic meter and it was around 3000 ppm. I suspected that maybe they sent me a T-15 cell. I had read on TFP about the "J-4" hack connection on the main board and I took a chance and did it. Switch it back on and everything was running fine. Salt reading was within 400 ppm of actual salt level, current and amps where in range, and putting out a ton of chlorine. Since you have the AquaRite, try calibrating it to different size cells, maybe it might work. The Saltpoolstore has terrible Better Business Bureau ratings, tons of complaints and poor customer service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.