Privacy fence

Jul 14, 2016
Reading, PA
Hello. We recently removed some shrubs that provided great privacy but were otherwise overgrown, dying, and unsightly. It is going to be a few years until the replacement shrubs provide the same amount of privacy on our exposed corner lot, so we are looking for something temporary (& cheap & easy).

We like the idea of getting one of the fence kits that attach to the uprights then tying some shade cloth to the fence. I am worried about the wind hitting the cloth and putting stress on the pool. Does anyone have any insight into our idea or any other simple solutions?

thanks!

I’d be concerned about the wind putting stress on the fence as well. I’m not too concerned about the pool uprights themselves, but concerned about the fence itself and how it attaches to the upright. Adding the shade cloth will make it even more of a sail. The second reason I didn’t attach a fence to the pool was pool maintenance itself. It becomes really difficult to access the pool with the vacuum, solar cover or get a stray toy when there is a fence in the way. These reasons led me away from this type of fence.
How about just putting in some 4x4’s to hold up the cloth or some private lattice? You could put some space between the fence and the pool to still get access to the pool.
full

Last edited:
My hesitation is that I would either have to dig them either uncomfortably close to the pool or so far away that the missus will not like the looks of it while we wait for our skip laurel to turn into a hedge row.

It also brings back bad memories of the days I have spent levering, jacking, digging, spitting, and cursing 4x4 posts out of the ground!
IMG_2277.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.