Pristine blue to BBB conversion...

today is the first day i'm really actually able to get deep into the slam process...she's being stubborn and not holding the chlorine levels. so i cleaned the filter again...and then vacuumed the bottom out...got quite a bit of leaves in the skimmer, so i can only imagine what made it past the skimmer basket and to the filter. just checked the fc and it was 13.5...added 72oz of 11.5% to bring it back to 20...

Bought a new hayward filter to replace the one i had...as it just wasnt clearing the pool like it should. But we are making some serious progress now. Shes just about cleared up.

Wanted to ask, since the pool is in direct sunlight for the majority of the day in FL climate, what should i raise CYA to to help prevent too much chlorine loss throughout the day? We have had some rain and it dropped my CYA from 50 to 30 and the PH down to 7.2 as well. Should i adjust these now, or wait til the SLAM is finished?

updated pics

My bada** shark thermometer :rockon:
edited_20160604_142031_zpsvye0zkun.jpg

20160604_141857_zpsvciolhwf.jpg

20160604_141927_zpslookfnuh.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.