Pretty sure cell is failing, out of town this weekend

EngineeredPool

Jun 5, 2019
East Lyme, CT
So I have the Taylor salt kit, and it's reading 3200, exactly where I want to be salt-wise. The cell however is reading 2500, low salt and it's been running for more than 24hrs. It is still generating (ended today at FC=4 when yesterday evening was FC=2.5 so I have it a little high). We go out of town for four days on Friday....

I don't want to add more salt if we are just going to replace the cell then have it read high... Should I leave it on the higher than maintain setting (50% on lowest speed 24/7) and hope if it stops generating while we are gone that the FC will last till we get back on Friday? I also have some liquid chlorine on hand, I could spike the FC before we leave?

Here are the diagnostics if anyone can chime in if I should definitely be shopping for a new cell:
Based on the number its from 2011!
T-15
Voltage 26.6 volts
Current 5.01 amps
Output 53P
Instant salinity -2400
Aquarite
Software r1.58

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190612_173342124_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190612_173342124_HDR.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 5
If you divide the instant salinity by the actual salinity, that gives you the performance of the cell. 2,400 ÷ 3,200 = 75%.

75% is where I usually recommend replacing the cell.

You can make it work longer by changing the cell to T-9 in settings. But, it's really time to replace the cell.

Reactions: EngineeredPool
Thank you James, I was definitely thinking the same, esp with the age of the cell. I don't think we can get a replacement before we leave town, I am hoping we don't come back to anything too off. Oh I wonder if I could get my mom to check on it one of the days we are gone!! Just check if it's still generating and if not dump in some bleach to be safe?

Try changing the T-cell to T-9 in settings. That should buy you some time until you can replace the cell.

Go to the T-15 and move the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto until it says T-9.

Having someone check up on the pool while you're gone is a good idea.

Reactions: EngineeredPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.