Pressure Reading after Cleaning Filter

JibJab

Jun 9, 2019
Fort Worth, TX
I've had my pool 5 years, and every time I clean my DE Filter (Pentair FNS Plus 48), the pressure gauge settles between 10-11. I don't skimp, I take the whole thing apart and give a thorough hosing. Today I did the same, and the pressure reading afterwards is 14-15.

Is this normal for it to change at times?

So having a DE filter for about 20 years I thought I would jump in here. EVERTIME I do a full clean and reload DE powder my pressure is the same PSI. I have not encountered your situation. So a couple obvious of questions if you don't mind.

Are all your valves in the correct positions?
Did you use the correct amount of DE to refill...you did not overfill?
How many pounds of DE do you refill with?
Did you give your PSI gauge a proper love tap...?
I be leaning toward the pressure gauge if all the rest checks out.

Pete

Reactions: jesse-99
It's possible it just didn't get the grids as clean this time? is the pumps valve opened all the way or is it still partially shut perhaps? Do you take the reading before or after adding the DE? It should go UP a bit after after DE than it was before the DE. Gauges also sometimes go bad after awhile too or maybe some small debris got into the gauge possible? Just thinking out loud...

Reactions: jsygrls
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.