Precision Time Switch Stuck On - CD104-201

Oct 24, 2013
So I believe this timer switch just went out on me. Now my pool pump is stuck in the on position and manually hitting the switch on this timer doesn't work.

I noticed it's not an expensive part - only about $70 online. Is this something I could replace myself? I assume I hit the breaker, and replace the guts in the box with the new one.

Or would this be a good time to look into more automated timers? I've been considering getting one that I could control with my iPhone, but don't know where to start for something like that.

Attachments

• 3683D579-7A68-4A86-B3CA-166E8A61D2DA.jpg
    3683D579-7A68-4A86-B3CA-166E8A61D2DA.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 11
You should be able to replace the timer yourself. Just take pictures as you take the old one out so you know where to connect up the wires when putting the new timer in.

As for automation - it can get pricey depending on what you want.

Thanks! I've noticed I can order direct through Precision but it's cheaper for just the timer without the heater delay. I don't know much about the use of the heater delay, so I'll just order a direct replacement to be safe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.