Pre-Purchase AGP equipment questions

IrishEyesSmiling

Bronze Supporter
May 29, 2016
Richmond, VA
Just want someone to double-check this equipment. Package originally came with Hayward equipment, but per TFP's suggestion, I requested a 2 speed pump and they changed to Pentair. I'm all for saving in the long run so if I pay extra to upgrade now only to enjoy the benefits later count me in!! I plan to attempt the TFPC.

15x30x54" AGP
Pentair 19" Sand Dollar 150lb sand filter with a 1.5HP 2SP Dynamo pump
Hayward AquaTrol (18K gallons)

Sounds like you have a great plan going. The only suggestion I have is to get a 30-40k gallon rated salt cell for your size pool. You will have to run the pump less and the cell should last about twice as long.

A bigger sand filter will go longer between backwashes. For your setup you wont notice much else BUT it won't hurt you to go bigger either. If the cost difference isn't much and fits your budget go for it.

In general the Pentair equipment is good stuff. If you end up going with a SWG get at least the i30. You want to size the salt cell for at least double the gallons in your pool. The cell will last longer and you wont have to run your pump as long to maintain chlorine levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.