Posts not vertical

Our old 24' X 52" metal frame bought at the end of summer in 2007 had the rope and poles went through the straps. When we put it up this year we had a seam leak. Given the age of it, we got a new 22' X 52' Ultra Frame. This one is built like the one in this post, no rope, no sleeves around the bottom for a rope, and the little pockets attached to the white band that the poles go into.

Different companies buy the Intex pools in different configurations. For instance, I paid $599 + freight for my 20' X 52" Ultraframe on ebay. So here I was thinking I got a great deal. This spring, I walked into Wally world and there sits a 20' x 52" on the floor for $599!!!! So much for my great deal, huh? Then I looked closer. Wally World's came with the cartridge filter. I got the sand filter/pump combo with mine. I didn't look for the rope on the Wally World pool, but I am willing to bet that is left off to help bring the price down for Walmart. Like I said earlier, I believe the rope is there to help keep the legs in while setting up and possibly to help center the pool a little better. It is not there to keep the legs from spreading out after filling.

The ONLY way you are going to solve your problem is to drain, disassemble, level the ground under the whole pool, reassemble and refill.

Done. My mini-leveling just made problems worse, as revealed when water got up to the 5 inch mark. Re-drained, completely disassembled. Re-leveled, but this time with pavers for the legs. It's refilling now. So far (about 2 inches) it looking really level. Got fingers crossed as I soothe my aching bones (Remember that I started at 5:30 AM) with a big Mohito.

Ahh....

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. - I trashed the landscaping but just don't care about that at the moment. Just want to sit here, with plenty of support on my back. (I'm a 53 year old paper pusher.....in an air conditioned office, Monday thru Friday 8 to 5.)

Done. My mini-leveling just made problems worse, as revealed when water got up to the 5 inch mark. Re-drained, completely disassembled. Re-leveled, but this time with pavers for the legs. It's refilling now. So far (about 2 inches) it looking really level. Got fingers crossed as I soothe my aching bones (Remember that I started at 5:30 AM) with a big Mohito.

Ahh....

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. - I trashed the landscaping but just don't care about that at the moment. Just want to sit here, with plenty of support on my back. (I'm a 53 year old paper pusher.....in an air conditioned office, Monday thru Friday 8 to 5.)
A mojito well earned if you ask me! You will really enjoy your pool now!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Awe Vince... hopefully the pool is full and you can get in there with your aching bones and enjoy the water tomorrow. I was in my swim suit working on my deck on Tuesday. I'd jump in the pool, cool off and get back to work... on Wednesday, I had old lady syndrome! Got out of bed feeling like the hunch back of Notre Dame and I'm only 36! :shock:

I have an easy job too.

Belated welcome to the Forum :wave: I'm sorry we're talking about you having to drain and refill already :thumbdown:

Was there any mention of a bottom rope in your assembly instructions ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.