Post Rennovation

Dec 5, 2018
Palm City, FL
Finally, after almost a year of rennovation and 5 years of fighting with my pool builder, I am now in the process of refilling my pool. The pool has been completely retiled and plastered. I know that I most likely need to keep the ph closer to 7.0 for the first month and need to brush the pool twice daily. Additionally, I will not be using my salt generator for the first month and will be bypassing the heater. The filter will be replaced after the 1st month as well to ensure there isn’t any plaster dust in the filter. Is there anything else I need to do with respect to pool chemistry during this period? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I most likely need to keep the ph closer to 7.0 for the first month
Be careful on that one. Unlike normal pool seasons when we are worried about scale, with new plaster, it's generally better to maintain a slightly positive CSI during the initial curing process. Use the PoolMath APP to monitor.

Congrats on the reno completion. Be sure to share some pics for us to see.

Finally, after almost a year of rennovation and 5 years of fighting with my pool builder, I am now in the process of refilling my pool. The pool has been completely retiled and plastered. I know that I most likely need to keep the ph closer to 7.0 for the first month and need to brush the pool twice daily. Additionally, I will not be using my salt generator for the first month and will be bypassing the heater. The filter will be replaced after the 1st month as well to ensure there isn’t any plaster dust in the filter. Is there anything else I need to do with respect to pool chemistry during this period? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Check with the plaster supplier for pH. I haven’t seen any that recommend that low.

Be careful on that one. Unlike normal pool seasons when we are worried about scale, with new plaster, it's generally better to maintain a slightly positive CSI during the initial curing process. Use the PoolMath APP to monitor.

Congrats on the reno completion. Be sure to share some pics for us to see.
Sorry for the delay, let’s hope this time the tiles stay attached to the pool!!!!!IMG_4985.jpegIMG_4987.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.