Jul 30, 2020
Vermont
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all.

I'm new to the site, got my first post in a few days ago. I have learned a lot already and really appreciate the site and the forums. Before I post more, I have a few questions about how to go about it.

-What's the preferred method to ask a bunch of questions, one post or multiple? I'm thinking that multiple is probably better for the rest of the community to search, but dont know if mods find that as a hassle. After writing out my thoughts, I think know the answer :), but definitely would like to know your feedback.

- Is it okay to post links to articles or product names so that you can more easily discuss content of those articles or specifics about products? I've been reading some things on other sites, that I would like to bring up for discussion here. Some of those articles are trying to sell a product or app in the end, so I just want to make sure that is okay. Many of them have what seem to be valid points and I think it'd be great to bring them to the forum for healthy discussion/debate.

Thanks again for your time.

Welcome! :wave: For questions, it's best to keep your questions together in one thread in the correct sub-forum if they are related to the same subject or scenario we may be helping you with. For example, if you are in the middle of removing algae, it's best to keep all your SLAM Process questions together in the Algae - Prevention and Treatment sub-forum. If someone had equipment issues, then they would lump all their questions in one thread in the Pump, Filters, and Plumbing sub-forum. As MODS, if we suspect something should be combined, we can always do it later as well.

Links are a more sensitive topic as TFP is very careful to not advertise or promote anyone or a business. But a link to something you might have a question about (i.e. a pump model or video of your equipment leaking) is fine. If a link is questionable, we'll get with you. Below is the rules page which may help.

Sounds good, Splash. Thank you for the response.

Just read the Forum rules post about links. I'm definitely not trying to sell any products, just a pool owner trying to strike the right balance of fun, max life, and cost efficiency with my pool. If I'm going to post any links that mention products, I'll try to make sure they're not too "salesy".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.