possible to use skimmer hose for backwash instead of flimsy backwash hose?

armyofda12mnkeys

Jun 29, 2020
Philadelphia, PA
So those blue hoses are pretty flimsy and develop holes in them pretty quickly once a little kink forms when backwashing.
I was thinking we already have so many 'hard' skimmer hoses lying around that can be connected to form a 100ft+ hose... Is there an small attachment we can add onto the exhaust backwash port of the filter to make this possible (the exhaust port is 1.5" diameter and 'ribbed' a bit [so currently we slide our flimsy hose over it, may need some grease/vaseline to make sure it gets over without alot of effort]).
I saw some better high-rated backwash hoses like the Gorilla brand, but i want to see if we can just use our 'hard' skimmer hose. Let me know what attachment I would need to add to make this possible.
PS i think we have some skimmer hoses that came with our Zodiac Barracuda G3 suction cleaner and some other hoses as well (those are slightly different sizes, think the Zodiac is a smaller diameter).

Thanks!,
Ari

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.