Possible Pentiar Globrite Failed

Nov 7, 2016
Roseville/CA
Hello, Looking for some help on Globrite light. Noticed that the light in my Spa started acting funny. Didn't go out completely, just cycled to a low dim blue. Tried resynching, changing schemes, turning off and on. Each time it would come back on like normal, then cycle back to the low dim blue almost immediately. For a short stretch starting cycling back on by itself before settling back to the low dim blue. I am guessing it is bad and assume that is just how LED lights die these days. I jsut noticed for the first time last night too. Can someone confirm if it is on the future repair list or is there something else I can try?

I see that this is a replace only, not repairable light. Assuming I need to replace, have a couple questions:
  1. Previous posts say you don't need to drain but this one is in the spa and very easy to pump down the water lever. Does it make it easier or not worth the extra work?
  2. My build list shows they purchased the Globrite with 50 foot cable. By my rough estimate, it is easily 55 feet from the pad and that is not including depth. Should I just get the 100 foot option? Assuming electrician at pool build somehow added cable as I don't see how he could of made it work.
  3. Since I have to replace the whole thing, is there a better light option I can fit in there? I have a larger Intelibrite already in deep end, two other Globrites in the pool area, and this one in spa. Will smaller Intelibrite model hold up better in the spa? Perhaps the heat is a problem over time. At least those are repairable.
  4. Where can I find a place to buy fish cable? Just a part number or source. Thinking local hardware store but just wanted to confirm.
  5. Lastly, I see Pentair is setup on Amazon. Made a few purchases there recently. Is that a good place to purchase OEM parts?
Thanks in advance, and of course welcome any other feedback if I missed something.

Hello, Looking for some help on Globrite light. Noticed that the light in my Spa started acting funny. Didn't go out completely, just cycled to a low dim blue. Tried resynching, changing schemes, turning off and on. Each time it would come back on like normal, then cycle back to the low dim blue almost immediately. For a short stretch starting cycling back on by itself before settling back to the low dim blue. I am guessing it is bad and assume that is just how LED lights die these days. I jsut noticed for the first time last night too. Can someone confirm if it is on the future repair list or is there something else I can try?

I see that this is a replace only, not repairable light. Assuming I need to replace, have a couple questions:
  1. Previous posts say you don't need to drain but this one is in the spa and very easy to pump down the water lever. Does it make it easier or not worth the extra work?
  2. My build list shows they purchased the Globrite with 50 foot cable. By my rough estimate, it is easily 55 feet from the pad and that is not including depth. Should I just get the 100 foot option? Assuming electrician at pool build somehow added cable as I don't see how he could of made it work.
  3. Since I have to replace the whole thing, is there a better light option I can fit in there? I have a larger Intelibrite already in deep end, two other Globrites in the pool area, and this one in spa. Will smaller Intelibrite model hold up better in the spa? Perhaps the heat is a problem over time. At least those are repairable.
  4. Where can I find a place to buy fish cable? Just a part number or source. Thinking local hardware store but just wanted to confirm.
  5. Lastly, I see Pentair is setup on Amazon. Made a few purchases there recently. Is that a good place to purchase OEM parts?
Thanks in advance, and of course welcome any other feedback if I missed something.
1.) No need to drain but it will make life easy

2.) You need the 100' cable. The cord can not be spliced in the conduit

3.) The Globrites use a proprietary niche so you're stuck to using them. A Pool or spa Intellibrite light needs a niche which you don't have so they will not work.

4.) Home Depot or Lowes has them in the electrical section. but you can just cut the light off the existing globrite and use that cord to pull the new cord or a pull string through the conduit.

5.) Nothing wrong with Amazon

Good luck :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.