Pop Up Cleaning System Questions / Operation

jshbkr

Mar 24, 2010
I maybe purchasing a new home soon with a pop up cleaning system pool. So I have some questions about the plumbing and daily operation.

This is how i understand the plumbing... the pool is empty now.

2 pumps, sand filter, auto clorinator and 02 ozone thingy, water features: water fall and other maybe

pump 1: pool to pump to multiport cleaning system (split to water feature) o2 ozone thingy looks connected to this pump

pump 2: pool to pump to filter to auto clorinator and other (or same) water features

My question is that i should run the filter side like a typical pool 6 to 10hrs daily for clear water correct? How about the multiport, how many hrs a day to start with? I will be running 2 pumps at once, so much more energy it seems. maybe i'm not completely understanding the plumbing. I've attached some pics... sorry for the low res. Let me know any thoughts you all have. Thanks

It's hard to say exactly, but I'd be surprised if you had to run two pumps all the time. Each pipe is nicely labeled, so if you took some close pictures (trim back that bougainvillea!) we could certainly help you figure it out.

yeah, I will have a better idea once we view the house again. I just wanted to get some initial thoughts on how these systems usually work for my curiosity. Typically how much time should you run a lone pop up system.

you need a special tool to pull these pop ups since the pool is empty, or will a screw driver work? if it pulls up without much effort then should be working correctly? The pool has been empty in super hot Phoenix for awhile now... whole summer... what should I check for in assessing the pebble tech finish, equipment?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.