Poor circulation, recommendation needed

imagejpeg

So, the return fitting I have does not have an eyeball which means I haven't had the ability to change the direction of the water flow. I'm thinking that means the water has her flowing slightly to the right, but only on the surface. Maybe that's why everything settles to the bottom. Do you think I am right? If so, I just need to get the correct return fitting that has an eyeball. BTW- I inherited the pool from previous owner.

So, the return fitting I have does not have an eyeball which means I haven't had the ability to change the direction of the water flow. I'm thinking that means the water has her flowing slightly to the right, but only on the surface. Maybe that's why everything settles to the bottom. Do you think I am right? If so, I just need to get the correct return fitting that has an eyeball. BTW- I inherited the pool from previous owner.

@canjones, can you post a picture?
We don't have a good directional eyeball either, so we used the vacuum adapter on our return =) It works great and also gave us a good current we can ride :paddle:
poolaerationreturn.jpg
ETA: I was aerating here to raise PH, normally it's pointed down into the water

I personally would not worry about this. Given the size of the pool, just brush carefully every few days to suspend everything in the water, etc., and let chlorine take care of the rest. You may want to invest in a battery powered vacuum. If you do, purchase the lubrication, so you can keep water out of the battery area. The vacuum should last you at least 3-5 years, if not longer.

Our first pool, on the deck and grass was so small, that I had to keep dumping water. Only if I added a few ounces of bleach every few days, the dirt would have not bothered me. Nowhere in the instructions did they talk about bleach or even algaecides. Rather, they would want you to purchase filters and waste a lot of water, at an added expense.

- - - Updated - - -

ETA: I was aerating here to raise PH, normally it's pointed down into the water

With a pool of this size, you will not need to much Borax. Just dilute in a separate bucket and mix real well before pouring the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
UPDATE: I decided to purchase the Infusion V Fitting. I wanted to give it a try before going with the circulator. So far, a little more than half the pool is clean (meaning nothing settled on the pool floor). The part farthest away from return line had some dirt settled on the floor yesterday. I am hoping to be able to go at least 2 or 3 days without brushing. I fear that my problem is I only have one return line and a large pool. Next step will be the circulator if I am not satisfied.

Do you have it pointed at a downward angle, not just straight down?

Do you have it pointed at a downward angle, not just straight down?
Yes. I put it at an angle. I moved the angle higher last night just to see what it would do. Because with the angle I had the leaves weren't moving towards the skimmer. Now, that I moved the angle higher I'm back to where I started with leaves and dirt in the deep end (which is closest to the return line). Only good thing is that the pool floor still isn't as dirty as before with the original return fitting I had.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.