poolvernuegen adding air to pump skimmer basket

Oct 28, 2014
OKC, OK
Just received and installed a poolvernuegen suction robot cleaner. It's doing a great job but the water line in my pump skimmer basket is at about half level - air is getting into the system somehow. I've turned everything off, let skimmer basket refill with water and restarted. The situation repeats itself in just a few minutes - water in pump skimmer is back to about 1/2 full.

I've tried connecting the poolvernuegen directly to the pool skimmer suction port and also to the port in the side of the pool for suction robots. Same thing happens.

Any thoughts?

Never have this problem when my system is running without the poolvernuegen.

That usually means you have an air leak somewhere. Probably the pump lid itself.

How much of the pump flow are you directing from the cleaner?

What size pump do you have?

My segmented hoses leak air sometimes. Some hoses connect more tightly than others. Also, over time the hoses become brittle and crack. Sometimes the cracks are not noticeable, but they contribute to sucking air into the system. If your pump runs solid without the cleaner connected, then you can be pretty sure it is something with the cleaner sucking air.

Home Depot has replacement hose segments if you ever need them. I go through 2 or 3 segments a year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.