Poolvergnuegen and built in bar stools

mcinlb

Aug 24, 2017
Long Beach, CA
Hi folks,

I'm interested in picking up a Poolvergnuegen and wanted to see if having 4 built in bar stools on one end of the pool will prevent it from working properly?

Not too worried if it can't clean the area underneath the stools, but don't want it getting tangled up and stuck.

Thanks!

If you can post a couple pics, I may be able to help. I have the 4-wheel version of The Pool Cleaner. It can work around obstructions on the pool bottom, but the hose may catch the top of the chairs.

Most folks here would say you'd be happier with a robotic (plug-in) cleaner like the Dolphin S200. I'm satisfied with my suction cleaner for now, but my next one will be a robot.

Last edited:
Tough call. The unit is 11" wide. If the gap between the seats and the wall is less than 11", that would eliminate the possibility of the cleaner wrapping itself around the base of the risers. If the gap is over 11" I would call it a deal-breaker.

The hose will float. If the barstool seats are at or over the waterline, there is a chance the hose could get stuck on the seat. If it does, it could free itself or just stay in one position and rotate. If your suction port is on the opposite end of the pool, I think you would be okay since the hose would be nearly fully extended by the time it reached the barstools.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm not sure if a robotic cleaner would be a better choice.

See if there is a local dealer/pool store that will loan you one for a few days to test it out. There are some dealers that will do this for robots -not sure if they'll do it for other cleaners. Or ask your friends with pools if they have one you can borrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.