Pool Was Winterized By A Pool Company And Now I Have A Leak, Who Is Responsible?

FourT4

May 7, 2018
Illinois
As the title states I paid a company to come winterize my pool, and now I have water coming up from the ground right next to where my filter, and all the plumbing enters the ground. This water only appears when I run the pump, and it takes some time for it to fill up completely.

Unfortunately, unless you can prove it was due to something they did, they can't be held responsible. Just check on these forums for why - leaks are incredibly common, shoddy winterizing or no shoddy winterizing.

You are responsible but it never hurts to ask them about it. I have a pool company close my pool and after opening this year I also had a leak. The ground around the pumps was getting wet when running. I found one leak, it was the drain plug in my booster pump. I pulled it out cleaned and lubed it and put it back in. No more leak. However, the ground was still getting wet. I couldn't see where it was coming from. Pool guy took a look and found that it was the seal between my main pump and motor. We had a super cold spell here this winter, the highs were only around 5 degrees for a while. Maybe that cold had something to do with it, maybe not.

You are responsible but it never hurts to ask them about it. I have a pool company close my pool and after opening this year I also had a leak. The ground around the pumps was getting wet when running. I found one leak, it was the drain plug in my booster pump. I pulled it out cleaned and lubed it and put it back in. No more leak. However, the ground was still getting wet. I couldn't see where it was coming from. Pool guy took a look and found that it was the seal between my main pump and motor. We had a super cold spell here this winter, the highs were only around 5 degrees for a while. Maybe that cold had something to do with it, maybe not.

I guess we will see how it plays out, but I'm pretty sure I wont be as lucky as you based off these pictures.
image_67230209.jpgimage_67517441.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.