Pool Wall rusted out around skimmer - How to repair

dis00

Nov 9, 2016
Brunswick OH
Im in the process of changing the liner of my inground pool. I pulled the liner out and noticed that the where the skimmer and pool wall meet is corroded. I took the pictures before I pull off the old gasket. The rot has went passed some of the screw holes.

How should I go about repairing this?

Should I patch over with sheet metal and cut out a new hole for the skimmer in the same place?
Should I patch up the hole and move the skimmer to a different part of the pool?
or something else?

It appears that the cause if the the concrete deck has shifted forward right above the skimmer which has probably caused the leak resulting in the rust.
IMG_5221.jpg
IMG_5220.jpg

If its solid use a sheet metal patch amd pip rivet it in. Use a rust converter like zero rust or POR15 on what's there. Yiu can also patch amd move skimmer that depends on what else your doing. Pretty invasive repair to do a skimmer relocate the deck gets trashed quick

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.