Pool vacuums

shadylady23

Jul 18, 2007
Southwest NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hey guys, So I’ve never really thought about getting a automatic vacuum before, but the last two years I’m really thinking it would be nice. We just have a small pool, 18’ round and live in New England so open season is about June through August/ or mid September depending on the weather. I saw that they make vacuums that you don’t need to go in the water with and I think that would be so cool! I notice the older I get, the less I want to get in unless it’s like 80 degrees. LOL. Any suggestions for me? That’s decent in price, and less to break/go wrong? It’s in a spot that doesn’t actually get much debris as long as I don’t let Algae grow. LOL

Interesting that you posted this question. I was just thinking about this when I was vacuuming my pool an hour ago. I'm thinking "how long can I do this for...no way"...LOL...I'm young, but also a busy person. I haven't done much research on automatic pool vacuums but I've only heard good things about them... the ones I've seen range from $700 to $1500..

Yup...if anyone can recommend one, I also would be happy to learn about it....

I saw some sort of robot thing today at Ocean state for 100 bucks. Now I’m curious what it was about. I also found this on CL. Anyone know if these are good? 60 bucks is tempting

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, here’s attachment

Attachments

• 40B944A3-44DB-4EF2-9808-B6B0CA130CC5.jpg
    40B944A3-44DB-4EF2-9808-B6B0CA130CC5.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 81
I think a few people around here have Wanda. Search for Wanda Whale in forum search field.

Oh dude. I just realized I can save myself half a day driving and just order online for like 60 more. That’s still not bad even new! I never get leaves in my pool, So maybe one of those would work good for me since my pool is so small? Anyone?

There are two types, "robotic" automatic vacuums (self contained) and the kind that run on your pump/filter system.

Budget and equipment type determine which (or either) is a good fit =)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.