Pool tilting

nina_online

Bronze Supporter
May 31, 2017
Austin, TX
I was so careful to level within 1/2 inch, but now there is a 1.5-inch difference between opposite sides of the pool.

We first put up the pool last summer, took it down in the fall, and put it back up in April. it was fine until a couple of weeks ago.

The legs (intex UltraFrame) are now off vertical; my husband said it was hard to get them so.

back left.jpgleft side.jpgView attachment 77782left of front side.jpgfront left micro.jpg

Unfortunately the base is your problem. The pool would not shift had not something changed with the base. I've had this happen and had to fix one side about 1/3'rd of the way around by taking the pool down and re-leveling. It was a pain in the you know what but had to be done.

My sand filter unhooked itself several times and eroded dirt from underneath a large portion of my Intex UltraFrame. It's still upright, 2 summers later, despite a definite bulge and 2" water height difference on one side.

In a perfect world I'd re-level the base. At this point, if it ends up exploding, I'm content to trash it since the family members who promised to help maintain it have yet to hold up their promise :p

To me it looks like your husband was trying to keep the legs on the blue Styrofoam and not to worried about how strait they were. They have now pushed into the foam magnifying the issue. Legs should have been put on something solid like blocking or concrete that was cut into the foam. U can straiten then out by using a jack and 2x4 with a notch cut in to hold rail. Just jack enough to take some of thè weight so u can slide leg. But pay attention because u can damage the rail so do at your own risk. Better option is to drain 1/2 the pool and get those legs strait

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
dont give up lol, when we put up our intelex 24'x 52" ag pool it was all level when it was full it was tilting, about 3 inches off on one side. we were afraid of it colapsing. well i came up with an idea so we didnt have to drain it. on the bottom of the support bars were plastic shoes. so what i did on the higher side of pool, about 6 inches from bar I dug down below the support shoe and then over until I got the dirt out from under the shoe. I went 4 inches below shoe and put a small cement brick there then slowly pushed the support beam down to the brick. I had to do this to 3 support beams , and wa la the water level in pool was now level and no more tilting. worked great with no problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.