Pool sweep tail getting caught

Mar 7, 2014
McKinney, TX
The tail to my sweep keeps getting caught on the wheel. The wheel came off about 2 weeks ago and I took it to the local pool supply and they put it back on. Since then, it continues to get caught behind the wheel. The wheel doesn’t appear to be loose but it keeps getting hung up. Any suggestions on what I need to do.

I just learned there is a weight that can be put on the tail to keep it from spaying up out of the water. Maybe that would keep it from flipping forward and getting caught in the wheel?

Thanks for that suggestion. I realized that it was getting caught on the little ring that was on the tail. Maybe that’s the weight you were referring to. I was able to simply slide it back toward the unit and then slid the next one farther up the tail. After saveral days of running and checking. It appears this has fixed the problem.

Reactions: JodieM
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.