Pool still cloudy! 5th year Trouble Free method!

May 3, 2015
Savannah, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hey pool masters!
I'm 5 years in to pool ownership. This is the 1st year we have had trouble.
Testing numbers are good so I think.
I'm on day 16
My numbers
FC 18 (still slam)
CC 0
CYA 30
TA 70
CH 210
PH 7.4
I've back washed, vacuum and cleaned walls. I'm at a loss. Normally by day 10 we are clear. Not this year.
Can anyone recommend anything? I'm thinking phosphates? Idk.
1st photo is progression (start to now). We were full green, not winterized and not covered. I'm in Savannah GA area. We've had some rain but I e maintained FC.
It's not clear, its cloudy still, you can not see bottom. I've added DE to my sand filter. A few times. No help.
Got New pump and sand filter last year.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Chlorine source is liquid chlorine 10%
I opened pool with calcium hypochlorite (notice higher ch) then liquid.
I'm at a loss!
Help.

It looks to me like you are at the point that you may want to add some DE to your sand filter to help it filter out everything a bit quicker.
Remember, sand filters are a good filter, but they also require more time to filter everything out. The DE should help speed up the process for you.

Stepping up the pump size will actually have the opposite effect.
Sand filters do a better job at lower speeds rather than higher ones.
Sorry to say that you are at the step known as POP (Pool Owner Patience). Let your filter do it's job.
The good news is that at this point, you don't go through as much chlorine as you were when the pool was green. :)

Reactions: onBalance
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.