Pool Stays Cloudy/Green

CYA won't change unless you drain and refill a large amount of water. Once you've tested CYA, you can use that number the whole SLAM, as long as you're using liquid chlorine to SLAM! If you use a solid shock product of some sort (please don't do this), or still have chlorine pucks anywhere in the system (floater, chlorinator, etc - please don't do this either!) you may need to retest CYA to get the newer, higher, chlorine level you'll need to keep SLAMing.

Good morning, just checking in for a report on how the vacuuming went? Is the pool bluer yet today than yesterday?

How about a pic? Keep up the SLAM. You'll be amazed at how clear your water will be once you're done. Trust me!

Maddie :flower:

Due to weather, I had to vacuum today. Water is starting to look a little better.
imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Oh yes! It is looking better for sure. It is a large pool and takes a bit of extra effort, but in the end the result is well worth it.

And if once its pristine clear and clean and you keep it up *our way* instead of the pool store's way, you'll be amazed at how nice it stays. Cheaper too!

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
C6618D3B-D3A3-4D04-9E19-27F84C44425A.jpg
Im not the most technology savvy. I have a hard time posting pictures for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

How I started out.
6228F014-956E-4016-97D2-99C137A62655.jpg

Now
2DF1E133-5CFA-49A0-989D-FC93BA260743.jpg
Still cloudy, but color just keeps getting better.

Attachments

• 00121026-F578-47A7-BE31-46830773A7F1.jpg
    00121026-F578-47A7-BE31-46830773A7F1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 71
Every time I see a picture like this, it just reaffirms my happiness with these forums and with all the great people that take the leap to listen to those "people on the internet" that have zero financial interest in their pool. :)

That pool is indeed looking amazing! Is your water gin clear (can see the pattern on the screws holding down the drain covers in the deep end) and if so, have you passed an OCLT (Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)) yet?

aaronsoileau,

You are doing very well. Just an additional tip, looks like your FC is dropping about 5 points between adding and your next test. You may want to shoot for a FC level of 25, this will keep you closer to the shock target between testing and may speed things up a bit.

If you want to save time and $ you can skip all the tests but FC/CC until your SLAM is over. pH test is no good with FC over 10 and all the other ones aren't going to change without a large water exchange or time.

I think I see a pool light in the last picture. That should come out now along with any ladders that are in the pool.

Looking great, keep it up!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.