Pool Stains

FBreeze

May 16, 2022
SW Utah
Moved from HERE by @Fullerpool

Hello- I had a similar question for pool stains that look almost identical to yours. Did you ever get a diagnosis or root cause? My pool is less than two years old and I’m trying to avoid a legal battle with my builder as I’m only getting guesses and run around. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a new thread for your issue. Can you provide pictures and some history of how the staining occurred.
Have your read
Stains in Your Pool
Hi!
Gunite new pool completed 7/2020. By the first Spring I started noticing a yellowish spotting occur. The pool has always been professionally maintained. I’ve never had any water discoloring or issues to suspect my maintenance people weren’t doing a good job. I still had a couple of third party experts test the water and access but everything seemed normal. 2 people suggested rusting from under the plaster. It was still under warranty so I consulted the builder. They immediately blamed water imbalance and acid washed it. I even fired my pool cleaners and went with the people they usually work in case it returned. Within 2 weeks of the acid wash the spotting all came back. Builder now brings a new group of experts and still blame the water and diagnosed as scaling. They came the day after a big rain and pool was at 6.8. PH, according to a strip. If it was low it would have been like that for a couple of days. I’m only a Google expert at this point but the plaster seems inconsistent. Pictures are attached. Thanks!9FA0D2A2-8339-40BF-97EA-145B477D7F6B.jpeg271FD1D7-A463-4C79-B9C1-723B09E96CA3.jpeg701C68BF-488C-448C-B11E-00B80C7B21C2.jpegC5347304-AE0E-4EE1-884C-5B7C6EA9B8C6.jpeg28C53A3E-6075-4D36-BCA0-E33C0107EDAE.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.