Briarcliff Manor, New York
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hey trouble free pool community. I have this stubborn stain at the bottom of my pool. I slam my pool every open as I typically need to with the amount of algae I get. The pool is crystal clear and there are no stains anywhere with the exception of this one stain. I did a vitamin C test on it and nothing faded which leads me to believe it's not metal. I also have no metals in my pool and my water is completely balanced from an LCI perspective. If chlorine didn't get this out and the vitamin C tablets didn't lighten it up, does anybody have any thoughts? Also, if anybody has best practices as to how to remove calcium deposits from tile. I have quite a bit where my spa spills over into my water. Thanks Screenshot_20230531-201735.png

Thank you for reply. I do not, as I usually use Dichlor to start the season to get the CYA up to 60 as I have a SWG. I will pick up a little of the cal-hypo and give it a shot. WHat are your thoughts on calcium build up on tile? I have that on there from when I bought my house. I read about throwing some acid on it, but seems to be a task to do upon closing as the water level would need to be lower.

I tried the Cal Hypo. That did not lighten it up at all.
Well shoot. :( Okay. Next I would try some Vitamin C tablets. You can rub a tablet directly to the stain, or place a few in a thin sock or nylon, crush them up, then let the sock sit there for a few. Let's see if that does anything.

Well shoot. :( Okay. Next I would try some Vitamin C tablets. You can rub a tablet directly to the stain, or place a few in a thin sock or nylon, crush them up, then let the sock sit there for a few. Let's see if that does anything.
I did take a Vitamin C tablet to see if it was metals and I rubbed it on there for a good amount of time, until I lost my breath of course. But the stains will also did not lighten up from the tablet.

I did take a Vitamin C tablet to see if it was metals and I rubbed it on there for a good amount of time, until I lost my breath of course. But the stains will also did not lighten up from the tablet.
Okay, then I only have a couple other thigs you could try. Even though you tried cal-hypo, you could rub a chlorine tablet on the stained area. It may be a bit stronger to have impact if the stain is organic. Don't allow the puck to just sit in one spot too long, move it around a bit as to not bleach the plaster. The other test, if you have some, is dry acid in a thin sock or nylon to see if it's copper. Based on the appearance, I really doubt it, but at this point it's a last resort.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Okay, then I only have a couple other thigs you could try. Even though you tried cal-hypo, you could rub a chlorine tablet on the stained area. It may be a bit stronger to have impact if the stain is organic. Don't allow the puck to just sit in one spot too long, move it around a bit as to not bleach the plaster. The other test, if you have some, is dry acid in a thin sock or nylon to see if it's copper. Based on the appearance, I really doubt it, but at this point it's a last resort.
Will try! Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That looks to me like something was spilled. Chlorine, over time, might lessen it but it might be permanent,

If you can "feel" it slightly upraised, you can perhaps GENTLY and CAUTIOUSLY us a plastic scraper to see if that will help.

That looks to me like something was spilled. Chlorine, over time, might lessen it but it might be permanent,

If you can "feel" it slightly upraised, you can perhaps GENTLY and CAUTIOUSLY us a plastic scraper to see if that will help.
It is not raised -- it is smooth. I have lighter stains that are hard to see in other parts of the pool that look like "lighter" versions of the picture I sent in. WOuld be unfortunate of the stain is permanent. I own the pool since 2019 -- the stain is new -- I have never spilt anything in the water

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.