Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello all,

My name is Steve and I’m from the Inland Empire in Southern California. This is my first post, but been lurking around for a bit. I’m in the planning and design phase of my pool (owner build).

Question for everyone. My pool will be 29’x10’. With a 7’x7’ spa in the shallow end side. Initially I wanted the spa to be even (not raised) with the pool. When I was talking to someone about it, they told me during the winter months when using the spa, the cold water from the pool will seep into the spa and people in the spa will get a “jolt” of cold water. This seems logical and I didn’t think about this. Is there a way to counteract this without raising the spa?

Reactions: Spookie
My spa is level with the pool and I don't get cold jolts. Spa water tends to overflow into the pool (thanks to human bodies in the spa) rather than the other way around.

One advantage of a level spa is that you can install an auto-cover which covers both the pool and spa.

Hello all,

My name is Steve and I’m from the Inland Empire in Southern California. This is my first post, but been lurking around for a bit. I’m in the planning and design phase of my pool (owner build).

Question for everyone. My pool will be 29’x10’. With a 7’x7’ spa in the shallow end side. Initially I wanted the spa to be even (not raised) with the pool. When I was talking to someone about it, they told me during the winter months when using the spa, the cold water from the pool will seep into the spa and people in the spa will get a “jolt” of cold water. This seems logical and I didn’t think about this. Is there a way to counteract this without raising the spa?
I have been in two spas now that are level-yes, the cold water got it--looks amazing though. Who is your PB? Ive seen some designs where the spa was just about 3 inches higher.

Hello all,

Man I was thinking about doing this myself too, but I'm in Manteca here in Central, CA, and the city is just sticklers about every single little detail almost not worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.