Pool slightly cloudy.. Please help it sparkle again

jblizzle said:
There is no need to be super exact. SLAM level for a CYA of 30ppm is between 12-13ppm.

Ideally you should measure you current FC level put that in the Now column in the calculator and put your Target FC in as well. Then to the right select 65% cal-hypo and it will tell you the amount to add. For example to get from 3 to 12, in a 66500 litre pool it would take 928 grams. BTW, I used the metric units in the calc (the 3 volumes you have listed in your signature are slightly different from each other).

Thank you!

The pool is almost sparkly again this morning. It was still early when I left for work (7am). So haven't had a chance to test to anything. Will check when I get home today.

On the topic of pool volume, which one should I use? The pool spec doc from the manufacturer had those three volumes listed, so not sure what to use as they are not the same (as you also pointed out).

I have found that estimates are just that. The best thing I have found is to do some chemical adjustments, such as adding bleach, then retest after 30 minutes and see if the result is different than the prediction in the pool calculator. Adjust the volume in the calculator so it matches what you see in real life. Do this over several days and eventually you will have a good estimate of what the pool's volume really is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.