Pool slides, recommendations?

Can anyone tell me how much the insurance is if adding a slide ?

It would all depend on your insurance company. I was told by USAA that they didn’t care about the pool or my trampoline. (Two things many friends had to pay extra for). What they did do was convince me to get an umbrella policy because my normal homeowners insurance would not be much coverage for the types of injuries a pool or trampoline may make. (God forbid of course). The umbrella was only $300ish for the year and was good for an extra million if need be.

It would all depend on your insurance company. I was told by USAA that they didn’t care about the pool or my trampoline. (Two things many friends had to pay extra for). What they did do was convince me to get an umbrella policy because my normal homeowners insurance would not be much coverage for the types of injuries a pool or trampoline may make. (God forbid of course). The umbrella was only $300ish for the year and was good for an extra million if need be.
We have the umbrella million ins. I never asked if a diving board or slide is covered. Wife said - No. kids are to young

1000's of ways to get hurt or even killed. Bicycles, swings, the list goes on forever. Adult supervision required. And kids that learn to obey. If your child or grandchild is one of the holy terrors that refuses to obey or you are afraid to discipline them...don't get a slide. Probably should not have a pool either if that is the case.

Agreed. My opinion is bound to be unpopular, but we keep trying to bubble wrap kids these days. If the kid is in any way reasonable and of normal intelligence then I think the risk is quite minimal (if much of any at all). Adult supervision comes in handy too (and that doesn't mean an adult texting on their phone and not looking up at the kid either). When we grew up all our playgrounds were on cement. Yikes!

Hello,

This spring/summer I am looking to add a slide to my pool. The company that has been recommended to purchase the slide from is SR SMITH. Has anyone dealt with them before, pros/cons? I have 3 and 5 y/o girls that will be using the slide so it was recommended that I get the ones with enclosed stairs. I also want it to be fun for adults though :). I am looking at the Turbo Twister, the link to it is below, along with another one (Typhoon) that peaks my interest. I know the Turbo Twister is kind of high for small children but I really do not want to have to buy a smaller one to then replace down the road. The pool shop suggested that you can buy foam mats to place underneath the stairs or around the slide in case someone we to fall it would at least soften the blow. Has anyone ever placed mats below their slide? If so, we they just a slip hazard and not worth it or do they make something for this?

TurboTwister Pool Slide | Official S.R. Smith Products 8ft 7 inches high

Typhoon Pool Slide | Official S.R.Smith Products 7ft 4 inches high

Thanks in advance,

Greg Gammon

How did you guys figure what was the best direction for the slide descent?

We are building a free form ( 20 x 40) and PB asked what direction we want it: - going to the shallow or going to the deep.

Our kids are almost 6 and 7 yrs old and don’t know how to swim yet. I thought the shallow would be easier for them.

Then we also have the deep (8) option. My concern there is that we also will have a waterfall that will be used as diving point. I am afraid kids may collide.

And last we are going to have a tanning ledge. If I can I would like to avoid/prevent splash.

So descent to the deep or shallow?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• DE75B8E6-DA3C-452D-880A-62D3678C8625.jpeg
    DE75B8E6-DA3C-452D-880A-62D3678C8625.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 31
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.