Pool Slam - Unsure of Next Steps

I'm new to this but I have a question. Isn't it relevant that the pool is filled with well water?
Has the water coming from the well been tested for metals?
Does it go through any filtration process before going in the pool?

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Hi Webster, and you're right. Well water can bring in problems. Usually if they use the well water in the house too they already know if its iron (tell tale signs in sinks and toilets) but some wells are strictly for outdoor use and no one really gets around to testing them.

This pool, I'm not sure? But you make a good point!

Maddie :flower:

What about a ceramic filter like this Filter. It could be adapted to a garden hose.

flow rate of up to 520 gallons (2000 litres) per hour ( 8.6 gallons a minute) at 45 PSI (3 bars)

0.9 microns absolute filtration rating as defined >99.99% efficiency.

Hi Webster, and you're right. Well water can bring in problems. Usually if they use the well water in the house too they already know if its iron (tell tale signs in sinks and toilets) but some wells are strictly for outdoor use and no one really gets around to testing them.

This pool, I'm not sure? But you make a good point!

Maddie :flower:
I'm new to this but I have a question. Isn't it relevant that the pool is filled with well water?
Has the water coming from the well been tested for metals?
Does it go through any filtration process before going in the pool?
So, you’re probably right. This well water comes from an outside pump that isn’t used in the house, but if our water in the house is any indication, our well water is hard. We have been filtering for iron with poly fill in the skimmer basket. We also usually put the hose in the skimmer basket when we fill in the hopes that most of it runs through our sand filter before entering the pool. We’ve been considering a hose filter attachment, but not sure if that would help anything or not as I’ve never used one and am not sure how well they work.

Reactions: Webster
Sorry to post again, but I have another question. Our pool water is down about 18” now that we’ve started switching out half the water and our liner is nearly completely brown/orange under where the water level sits. Any recommendations for scrubbing this before we refill? I’ve read about using magic erasers, but it seems like it would take a lot of them. I would imagine it is metal stains due to the metals in our well water.
1596EEF6-55EC-4F98-B685-74DBA6CFFF8A.jpeg

Okay, so we are seeing progress now and getting close! Our chlorine level did not change overnight last night and I can see most of the bottom of the pool. HOWEVER there is still a slight greenish tint and we have been vacuuming up some sediment on the bottom, but even vacuuming it 2x per day for the past 5 days it keeps coming back. Any tips?
Pictures from this morning of the pool and the sediment at the bottom. 81138CB4-EF71-44FE-B8E6-926B13B0EC40.jpeg939FD282-EE66-47B3-A5AF-15DCFCA69AA9.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.