Pool running fine except spa return/spillover suddenly not working.

Cainel

Bronze Supporter
Oct 8, 2018
Plano, TX
Hello-
Fairly novice pool-maintainer and TFP newbie here. Pool has been running fine but just yesterday I noticed the return/spillover from the spa into the pool was not running. I checked all the return valves and they are open. I actually did a full filter clean since I was planning to do one soon anyway, and no change. Pool running fine otherwise as far as I can tell. Any idea where I can start?

Thanks for any help!

Do you know what all the valves are for?

I would guess that the pipe 2nd from the right with the check valve runs to the elevated spa and would control your spillover. Try partially closing some of the other return valves and see if that helps the spillover.
Or perhaps that check valve is stuck closed?

Ok, so I closed off the other return valves and sure enough, the spa started filling up and overspilling. Funny thing too, when I opened those valves back up, the spa continued to overspill. Looks like everything is working now. Begs the question.....what's up with that? Does that indicate a problem with the check valve?

Either way, THANK YOU! :salut:

and to answer your question, yes I think I know what the valves are for, most of the pipes are labeled. A few of the labels are missing but I think I know what they are.....

Those 4 on the right are returns (from left: near waterfall, far waterfall, spa fountain, pool return)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.