Pool Robot Recommendation M600 vs S200 - Have Called Marina - Need Advice

I got the m600 for the longer run time. My run time options are 1.5hrs, 2hrs, or 2.5hrs. Unless they changed something since last year you may want to verify that 3.5hr runtime. Every other week or so I will run a floor only 2.5hr cycle to make sure it covers all the corners in the pool. Its nice to be able to do that.

@NCMike
I am pondering the M600 vs M400 vs S300i
Thoughts on how the M600 performs:
Wall and waterline cleaning
The Cord staying untangled
Clearing any floor main drain covers and avoid getting stuck

what else do you like ?

Last edited:
Id skip the M400, its an older robot that is still sold. My understanding is the M600 replaced it. The M600 I have performs great. Now if your asking how much greater it performs than an S200 or the S300i, I honestly can not tell you. All of these robots are so similar in how they are made, I really think they would all be about the same and from what others on this forum say, those other robots do an equally great job. I also must admit I am a sucker for bells in whistles on stuff I buy. So I did opt for the M600 because it has all the extras. They all use the same swivel cord, they all use the same tracks and their bodies sit the same height off the floor so their performance on main drains should be similar. The M600 is suppose to have more powerful motors in it, but I don't know that it helps it climb walls or tiles easier. I assume it does move more water through the robot which helps it pick up more stuff off the floors.

I do use the wifi very often, my robot stays in the pool when we are not swimming, So I usually whip out my phone to start it up while sitting in my home office. Saves me a trip outside. And I do change up the cleaning cycles every now and then. During the height of pollen season, I did a walls and waterline tile clean only to get the pollen ring off the tile. During the fall and winter, I would do an extra floor only clean to pick up leaves that got missed during the normal cycle. All these things are not really necessary but they are nice to have.

Hopefully I haven't confused you. And I want to reiterate again, I am a bells and whistles guy, so the M600 was really the only choice for me. I am sure the S200 can clean 95% as good as the M600, I just have a bad habit of wanting that extra 5% even if it cost double. I am completely satisfied with my purchase and would do it again.

Reactions: imrodee
Id skip the M400, its an older robot that is still sold. My understanding is the M600 replaced it. The M600 I have performs great. Now if your asking how much greater it performs than an S200 or the S300i, I honestly can not tell you. All of these robots are so similar in how they are made, I really think they would all be about the same and from what others on this forum say, those other robots do an equally great job. I also must admit I am a sucker for bells in whistles on stuff I buy. So I did opt for the M600 because it has all the extras. They all use the same swivel cord, they all use the same tracks and their bodies sit the same height off the floor so their performance on main drains should be similar. The M600 is suppose to have more powerful motors in it, but I don't know that it helps it climb walls or tiles easier. I assume it does move more water through the robot which helps it pick up more stuff off the floors.

I do use the wifi very often, my robot stays in the pool when we are not swimming, So I usually whip out my phone to start it up while sitting in my home office. Saves me a trip outside. And I do change up the cleaning cycles every now and then. During the height of pollen season, I did a walls and waterline tile clean only to get the pollen ring off the tile. During the fall and winter, I would do an extra floor only clean to pick up leaves that got missed during the normal cycle. All these things are not really necessary but they are nice to have.

Hopefully I haven't confused you. And I want to reiterate again, I am a bells and whistles guy, so the M600 was really the only choice for me. I am sure the S200 can clean 95% as good as the M600, I just have a bad habit of wanting that extra 5% even if it cost double. I am completely satisfied with my purchase and would do it again.
Helpful
I am the same in many regards re the extras. Mainly want to be sure it clears the main drains, does a good solid job on walls/tile and how about that cord - leaving it in the pool doesn’t sound like you have an issue of it kinking all up

I am leaning towards to M600 as well as I would like to occasionally steer it to debris on the floor vs it just finding it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.