Jun 29, 2021
Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,

Thinking about installing a timer with a fireman's switch. Are there any recommended models that are simple and fuss-free? Digital would be good, but analog is fine if it's the simplest.

My heater is a Raypak 266-series-- do these newer heaters need an external fireman's switch? The pool service ppl I've spoken to say "yes", but according to what I've read online, Raypak says "no". (PSC Ep. 72: Do I need a fireman switch for my pool heater? - INYOPools.com - DIY Resources)

My pump runs at 220v.

Thanks!

Fireman’s switch is up to local codes. For timers, I personally prefer old school. I’ve had basic Intermatic timers on my pools for over 20 years and so far have had to replace one clock motor. Not the whole timer, nor even the whole timer mechanism, just the clock motor. Simple and reliable.

Last edited:
I think what you have is similar to what I linked to, the only difference would be the rectangular trip on the lower right that cuts power from the heater before the pump turns off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.