Pool pump Timer for 110V

Jul 7, 2017
Corbin, KY
Was thinking of purchasing the Intermatic P1101 plug-in mechanical timer for my 1hp Hayward powerflo pump. I’ve read some reviews that have me hesitant though. Some say the pump cord melts after just a few days. Others say the timer mechanism fails after only a few months. I’m much more concerned about the safety opposed to its life span though. Anyone ever use this specific Intermatic model before??

On Amazon one in five reviews for that P1101 are one star and they are pretty grim. IMHO I'd spend more and get better quality and more importantly, safety. My 2 cents

I’m having a difficult time finding any plug-in style timers with great reviews. Does anyone know of any? I really don’t have the money right now to pay to have one hard wired so I guess I’ll continue to plug and unplug the pump every day :/

Yes I have the woods as well have used it for 4 seasons and has never failed.

So no issues at all with overheating / cord melting or anything? What about when it rains, do you unplug the timer on rainy days? That’s my biggest worry is safety. I have a gfci inside a waterproof housing that my pump is currently plugged into but I’m a huge worry wart so I still don’t trust it. So I just plug this woods timer into my gfci outlet, then the pump plugs into the timer right? Thanks so much for all the help!!

So no issues at all with overheating / cord melting or anything? What about when it rains, do you unplug the timer on rainy days? That’s my biggest worry is safety. I have a gfci inside a waterproof housing that my pump is currently plugged into but I’m a huge worry wart so I still don’t trust it. So I just plug this woods timer into my gfci outlet, then the pump plugs into the timer right? Thanks so much for all the help!!

Yes no problem with weather the outlets are under the timer. I left it plugged in to my gfi all winter .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.