Pool pump replacement cost

Jun 11, 2014
Philly, PA
Hi,

I am currently looking to replace my old pool pump with a new variable speed pump. The pump in question is the Pentair SuperfloVS. When getting prices I am being quoted $1250+ for the pump and install. That seems high in my opinion especially when I see it only for around $650ish?

I understand I can swap out the pump myself but three things that are preventing me from doing that is warranty, not comfortable with plumbing and rebate from my utility company for professional installation.

That does seem a bit high as pump replacements are fairly easy to do. But if you're not handy or confident, you're at their mercy.

Call around, see if others are quoting that much. See if you can find an installer who will install it if you obtain it yourself, like from Sunplay or Inyopool.com TFP supporters can get a discount at INYOpool, I know.

How much of a rebate from the utility co?

Maddie :flower:

That does seem a bit high as pump replacements are fairly easy to do. But if you're not handy or confident, you're at their mercy.

Call around, see if others are quoting that much. See if you can find an installer who will install it if you obtain it yourself, like from Sunplay or Inyopool.com TFP supporters can get a discount at INYOpool, I know.

How much of a rebate from the utility co?

Thanks for the reply. The rebate is $200 for this model but it must be installed professionally. I'm sure I could figure out the plumbing but I really want the full warranty and rebate. I think I might call my utility company to see if I purchase the pump online and have it professionally installed will I still qualify for the rebate.

Thanks for the reply. The rebate is $200 for this model but it must be installed professionally. I'm sure I could figure out the plumbing but I really want the full warranty and rebate. I think I might call my utility company to see if I purchase the pump online and have it professionally installed will I still qualify for the rebate.

Yes I believe it does, per reading other posts along this line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.