Pool Project

I have 3 intellivalves - one pair for the spa/pool and one for fall/bubbler (on for both, off for bubbler). In the 2 years since building the pool, I have replaced 4 broken intellivalves. One was water logged and would lose power in and out, one had no power at all, and two sounded like broken plastic gears grinding (even though the pentair never lubes were easy to turn and in great shape). To say I'm unimpressed is quite an understatement - they never even gained the functionality that was advertised to to be "imminent" almost 3 years ago when we signed with multi setting implementation.

I'm sure Pentair is a great pool company, but they're a pretty terrible tech company based on my experience with their automation side of things (Alexa integration, anybody?). Wouldn't surprise me if the CVA24s are more reliable due to their ugly simplicity - in the same way Glock objectively makes ugly weapons but famously always goes "bang" when you need it to lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.