Aug 13, 2023
Lansdale pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
IMG_4952.jpeg
So the dirt was placed to support the post as the middle was spreading out while the pool filled. The post has not come out of the caps at the bottom or the top.

Yikes - that definitely shouldn’t happen - was the post leaning out when you started filling, instead of at a 90 angle to ground? How are the other posts?

Please give us more info about the type and size of your pool.

Melenia pool 18x33. 22 post 8 buttress free post and then 14 upright. The pool is filled just over half way. When we noticed the 1 post started to go flat. The side of the pool right there is also slightly buckled. All of the post were straight and all the measurements are spot on. So we are trying to decide if we should continue to fill the pool

Since the pool is still in the track and has not come out of the caps at the base or top. This is the only post that is flat. I am wondering if the post is defective

It is certainly not right. There have been folks here who have replaced an upright with water in the pool but I am not sure of your risk tolerance.
Did you get this pool from the pool factory? I would contact them asap & have them overnight you a new upright.
You’ll need to take the dirt away from the bottom of the post & take pics of it being level etc. You’ll need to do this anyway to replace it.

It is certainly not right. There have been folks here who have replaced an upright with water in the pool but I am not sure of your risk tolerance.
Did you get this pool from the pool factory? I would contact them asap & have them overnight you a new upright.
You’ll need to take the dirt away from the bottom of the post & take pics of it being level etc. You’ll need to do this anyway to replace it.
IMG_1498.jpeg
I have contacted them hopefully they can overnight a new post. Just wish I knew the cause as the pool is level. The dirt was added after for support

I see the buckle/bulge now in the wall.
Often a bulge like that is due to there being a high spot in that area.
It may have been level when you put the paver there etc. but there may be a stone or something below that has not allowed the ground to compact there like the rest after the water weight was applied.
The answer is to drain the pool, fix the high spot & replace the damaged upright. It doesn’t look like it has creased the wall so it should be fine once corrected.
Did you use a transit/laser to set the pavers?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.