Pool physics

Ok, so is it just the air in the pump basket that you are most concerned with?

Again, unless it gets really bad, it is generally not an issue. But if you want to eliminate the problem, the pump basket is one source, which I think you addressed but also unions and drain plugs can also be a problem. Either way, pool lube usually will fix the problem.

Actually bubbles in the pump basket happen quite often. There are many a post on the subject. But I don't think a plumbing change is the solution. You just need to find the air leak and plug it. Again, with your setup it is one of three things: Pump basket lid, drain plugs or the union.

Well I'm back to square one. This morning the pump was showing flowing water just like my pictures did. Gone was the sight of a perfectly filled glass with only a bubble the size of a dime. I'll give up for now, until I have the willing and money to replace some parts.

Thanks for your assistance, and have a nice summer :)
phil

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.