Pool opening...low water.

Jul 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,

I'm based in Ontario, Canada. Today the company we hired came to open the pool; but they literally just took off the cover and left a note saying there was a huge leak in the pool.

I've posted a picture; but could it be purely due to evaporation? I called the store and they said to fill up the pool myself to the skimmer and do a leak test (to see if it's in the lines or in the liner).
My thoughts are that if there's a leak it's in the liner because during the winter, the lines were plugged and the water level was below the skimmer.
Pool.jpg
Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks!

I would get your pool pole, mark it in decimeters with a sharpie, fill to the first mark, wait a few hours and see if it leaks down, if not, fill to the second mark, wait a few hours, see if it leaks down .. etc. that way you can at least tell at what level the leak is. That should make finding and patching it much easier.

I actually meant decimeters (10 centimeter increments) Just because we don't use metric often doesn't mean we don't know it! :party:

Not really angry BTW just kidding ya!

Last edited:
So I ended up filling the pool up. And realized that in the shallow end there were folds that had formed as it had emptied in that side.
There is a leak (losing about 2 inches a night) and we have a diver coming to find the leak/fix. Is there anything I should do about the 2-3 long folds in the liner at the bottom (ie. it's not flat anymore). Is this a serious concern for future leaks from wear/tear??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.