Pool not holding chlorine

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
So I have been having a problem having to add quiet a bit of chlorine. Yesterday morning I added ½ gallon in the evening I added another gallon so today in the morning (7:00AM) added another gallon when I got home (3:30PM) I was at FC 2 so I added another Gal. now it’s at FC 7. CC* was 0.
Hears the rest of my numbers
PH-7.5
TA-80
CH-250
CYA-50
Salt -2500 chlorinator dose not work so as suggested I keep Salt at 2500.
Now the pool has been really hot last week hitting 95˚ to 97 ˚ this week it’s reaching a high of 90˚. After a large group of people over the weekend the pool was really cloudy, but after adding chlorine a the pool cleared right up. So my numbers look pretty good so any ideas why my chlorine demand is so high?

* CC test how long do let it sit after adding R-0003 reagent? When I test of CC 99% of the tome I get 0 but if I let it sit for about 20 minutes it turns pink.

OCLT test 8:00PM - 6 6:00AM - 5.5. 0.5 loss seems OK to me? My pool dose sit in the sun all day and the Sacramento days have been hot. I think I’ll add an extra gallon of chlorine today and one more after sunset just to be safe. I'm kind of thinking after a party a lot of beer & wine and various food products entered the pool and one dead mouse added to the mix might of added to the high chlorine consumption.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.