Pool newbie in Maricopa, AZ

Patatkinson

Jun 20, 2020
Maricopa, AZ
Hi. This is our first home with a pool, and we're struggling to learn. We have a pool guy, but I feel the need to know how everything works, myself. Right now we have a CYA problem (300+), and I'm trying to get that corrected. I would drain the pool and start over, but the pool guy says that can damage the pool in our hot (110F) weather. Looking for solutions.

Do a little searching on the site for draining your pool. There are a number of ways to exchange water without lowering the water level. You can put a very large tarp on the pool and add new water on the tarp. Drain the existing water out at the same time. The tarp prevents the two mixing. This is tricky to do with a large pool.

Water will separate on its own based on temperature. Cold fill water is added to the deep end. Hot water is removed from the top. You need to add/remove the water slowly so it doesn't mix.

Like I said do a little searching the site. There are examples of both methods in detail./

Welcome to TFP! :wave: For the CYA, can you tell us how you tested to get that number? Also try to update your signature as soon as you get a chance. It will help later. For the water exchange, you might try the link below as well.