Pool math question

JW1

Sep 4, 2019
SW Ohio
New to pool math. When pool math states for example “add 27 oz or 3 cups, 3 oz by volume to reach your target” what exactly does that mean? 14,000 gallon pool so is that my volume? Confused on how to proceed with increasing FC.

It is just converting the oz into convenient measurements like quarts, cups, etc. Also in the box above it, you tell it what sanitizer you are using (Bleach 10%, Bleach 12%, etc)

It is specifying that the 3 oz is measured by liquid volume (measuring cup) as opposed to 3 oz by weight (scale). Does that make sense?

So is it basically saying add 27 ounces of liquid chlorine to the pool water? Which also could be 3 cups of liquid chlorine. I assume the pool math reads my testing result, knows my gallons of water and then tells me how much of my 10% liquid chlorine to pour into the pool.

So is it basically saying add 27 ounces of liquid chlorine to the pool water? Which also could be 3 cups of liquid chlorine. I assume the pool math reads my testing result, knows my gallons of water and then tells me how much of my 10% liquid chlorine to pour into the pool.
Yes, if you input all your current pool data: volume, pH, TA,etc. Then input your target (i.e. going from actual pH of 8.0 to a target pH of 7.4) and PoolMath calculates the amount of a given chemical to add. Really that easy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.